Sunday 14 December 2014

Fancy Shmancy

Gurd Murning!
 
How is everyone on this fine and chilly morning...Good? Good. So on Wednesday Byron and I went to go and see Basement Jaxx in concert at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. I was really excited because I sang back-up vocals on their song "Power to the People" so I felt like the Jaxx's and had a special connection :'D Anyways, when we got to Cambridge we had 2 hours spare, luckily because Byron was meant to be the one who knew where we were going but actually he had no idea. Once we had found the Corn Exchange we went to a Starbucks around to corner to kill time. Then when it came to 7pm we thought that we'd better go because there's bound to be a massive queue. The concert was said to start at 7:30pm. However, much to our surprise when we arrived no one was there and the doors were locked... we decided to wait. 5 mins later. I say "Hmmm this is odd maybe I should check the tickets". I check the tickets. "Monday 8th December... 8th... MONDAY 8TH DECEMBER!!!" I didn't know whether to cry or laugh but both Byron and I were in hysterics. So instead we spent our evening walking around Cambridge looking at the shops and the disappointing lack of Christmas lights. That's the last time I trust my mum with tickets, to be honest I should've asked her if I could check them because last time we went to Alton Towers my mum bought Thorpe Parks tickets! Lesson now well learnt!
 
Well on Friday 12th it was National Christmas jumper day and the sixth form was filled with Christmas jumper wearers. However, just like technology everything seems to be becoming more advanced in this day and age... INCLUDING Christmas jumpers! A guy in my sixth form called Charlie Marshall had an amazing jumper- it actually glowed and moved! What?! That jumper is cray!
 
Anyways, in the evening I went to see the new Hobbit with my friend Cloe, her dad, my mum and my brother. Now, haters please don't hate but I'm not a massive fan of the Hobbit trilogy or the Lord of the Rings films so I got nowhere near as emotional as Cloe did- can I just mention how much Cloe loves the Hobbit, she even wore a Hobbit cape to the cinema! However, without giving any spoilers away the film was really good and I would definitely see it again.
 
Then on Saturday, I went shopping in Peterborough with Cloe so that she could buy her Christmas presents but we were pushed for time so we were literally running around the shops. Oh and thank you so much for my beautiful Christmas present Cloe ;) After that I had to rush home to get ready to go out to this fancy family gathering for a man who turns 95 today! Therefore, the minute I flew through the door I began stripping as I persisted forward towards the shower. Once out of the shower and sparkling clean I attempted to blow dry my hair while eating a sandwich and doing my makeup at the same time. When my hair was finally dry I wacked it into some heated curlers (which really didn't want to be curled) and threw my clothes on.
 
Once we arrived at the event, I was greeted by the daughter of the birthday boy whom had an accent that made me realise how upper class this event was. The night continued with meeting new people and trying to carry out conversations that sounded at least a tad intellectual. However, I got to meet some lovely people around my age and this one girl called Summer gave me tips on A level Spanish which really helped... I found we had a lot in common when it came to our interests.  Now at these fancy shmancy gatherings they always serve strange food... okay food is an overstatement, I mean "bite size ordure's". The oddest of these miniscule snacks was this mini meringue with a beetroot and fish paste on top... I'm not going to lie they looked like a slightly larger version of a Iced Gem- yeah they tasted nasty! By the end of the night mum and I were starving so on the way home we got a McDonalds drive-through, ironic or what.
 
Anyways, I best get on with coursework because I'm off to the radio station at 4pm... Don't forget to tune in at 5pm on HCR104fm.

From
The BeasKnees

No comments:

Post a Comment